Terms and Conditions
Our mission is to provide universal access to the women’s best education. We believe strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our users as well as academic freedom for our Content Providers and instructors. We also want to make sure that all of our users and instructors feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted this policy to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
We may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity identified by or reported to us. We may separately suspend, disable, or terminate a user’s access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
* Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that users who are as young as 13 use Chance Myanmar and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger users.
* Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
* Harrasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
* Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
* Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
Please note that specific Content Offerings may have additional rules and requirements.
You also aren’t allowed to:
* Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
* Share your password, let anyone besides yourself access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
* Attempt to access any other user’s account.
* Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
* Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
* Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
* Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
* Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
* Use our Services to distribute malware.
* Use our Services or any functionality of the Chance Myanmar platform for anything other than for completing online courses or for pedagogical purposes.
* Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
* Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Effective as of January 1, 2022.
Chance Myanmar respects the intellectual property rights of our Content Providers, instructors, users, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We reserve the right to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you would like to read the DMCA, please visit the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the Chance Myanmar platform infringe your copyright, the DMCA provides that you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
1. the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the platform are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
3. identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Chance Myanmar to locate the material on the platform;
4. the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
5. a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Chance Myanmar also respects the trademark rights of others. Accounts with any other content that misleads others or violates another’s trademark may be updated, suspended, disabled, or terminated by Chance Myanmar in its sole discretion. If you are concerned that someone may be using your trademark without proper permission on our Services, please email us at chance email@example.com we will review your submission. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the individual who posted the content, and/or temporarily or permanently suspend or disable the individual’s account.